Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the benefits of reading The Young Scientists magazine?
The Young Scientists magazine engages children and its strength is that it is able to stimulate the interest of children toward the learning of Science. Parents whose child reads The Young Scientists feedback that their child’s interest in the Science subject has improved tremendously. It also boost the parent-child relationship for those parent who reads the magazine with their child. The Young Scientists magazine is beloved by many children in Singapore and also children from across many countries in Asia, such as Malaysia, Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan, India, Indonesia, and more to come.
2. Has The Young Scientists magazine being re-branded or re-named to other magazines?
No. That is in-correct. You could have been misled by deliberate confusion generated by competitor.
The Young Scientists is a registered trademark of Young Scientists Pte Ltd.The magazine has always been published by Young Scientists Pte Ltd and will continue to be published by Young Scientists Pte Ltd.
The so-called ‘Adventures with Young Scientists’ is NOT and HAS NEVER BEEN a Young Scientists Pte Ltd publication.
It is a magazine from Indonesian publisher PT Kuark Internasional that is marketed as a Young Scientists magazine to mislead the public.
This in turn has led to the change of distributorship for Young Scientists magazines.
3. What is the difference between The Young Scientists and other science magazines?
The Young Scientists signifies quality and fun education trademark. Young Scientists Pte Ltd is the pioneer in creative publication of science in comics style. “The Young Scientists” series is published in 4 Levels, namelyLevel 1, Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4. Each respectively covers introduction, upper block and lower block of primaryschool’s science education system with additional knowledge.
4. Where is your office and what are its operation hours?
Our Office is located at:
Young Scientists Reader Pte Ltd.
21, Bukit Batok Crescent,
WCEGA Tower, #21-72
Tel: (+65) 6570 6811
Fax: (+65) 6570 3397
Operating Hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm [Mon to Fri]
5. What options do I have to make payment for my purchases?
Our customers has 3 options to make payment for their purchases:
i. Cash: We accept cash payments for purchases made at our outlets and during road shows / exhibitions.
ii. Credit card / Paypal: We accept Visa, MasterCard and Paypal for purchases made online via our website.
iii. Internet banking: We also accept fund transfer / cheque / cashiers order paid to:
Young Scientists Reader Pte Ltd
DBS bank current account number: 014-903160-4
UOB bank current account number: 374-305-709-9
UOB 4-digit bank code: 7375
UOB 3-digit branch code: 057 (Anson Rd)
- For fund transfer payment, please email us the order number issued to you together with the funds transfer Transaction Reference number such as the example below.
- For cheque / cashier order payment, please mail us the cheque / cashiers order together with the invoice number issued to you.
6. Is it safe to make purchases and payment online?
Our website utilizes Paypal as our payment service provider. You will notice that the browser exits Young Scientists Reader website and re-directs you to Paypal website for you to key-in your credit card or Paypal details. That means Young Scientists Reader has no access to your sensitive information.
7. Why is mail order through Credit Card service not offered?
We do not encourage our customers to write down the CVV number of credit card as the information is extremely sensitive to credit card fraud.
For credit card transaction in absence of the credit card owner, we prefer to use Paypal as it is more secure and that we do not hold the customer’s credit card information.
8. How long do I have to wait after payment has been made for the first magazine to arrive?
Please allow approximately 2 to 3 weeks to process your subscription and payment.
The first magazine will be delivered to you immediately after the subscription and payment has been processed. Your patience is greatly appreciate.
9. Is there a way to enjoy lower subscription rate?
Yes. We provide 10-15% off subscription rate if subscriber’s school/company/center allows a common point of delivery for the magazines, subjected to minimum number of 30 subscribers per location. Please contact us for further details atTel: (+65) 6570 6811.